Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers


Forum List Forum Home ScubaBoard Central The SPG - Scuba News Scuba Diving Central las canchitas Underwater Activities ScubaBoard Pro Manufacturer's Forums Equipment of Scuba Regional Forums Travel Related Forums ScubaBoard's las canchitas Marketplace las canchitas Community Forums Articles Blogs Chat Gallery Forums New Posts All New Posts New Article las canchitas Comments New Blog Entries All Things Scuba New Classified Posts Regional and Travel Equipment and Manufacturers Activity Stream FAQ Community Support SB GO RED Member List Find a Dive Buddy Chat Room Forum Actions Mark Forums Read Quick Links View Site Leaders Current Nominations ScubaBoard RSS Feed Chat Room Help SB Terms of Service SB Privacy Policy las canchitas List All BB Codes View all Smileys Download ScubaBoard Logos SB Store What's New?
Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to: Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts. Communicate privately with other divers from around the world. Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images. Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services. Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events. Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers. All this and much more is available las canchitas to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today ! If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
This Thread's Short Link: http://2sb.us/361196 LinkBack LinkBack las canchitas URL About LinkBacks   Bookmark & Share Digg this Thread! Add Thread to del.icio.us Bookmark in Technorati Tweet this thread las canchitas Share on Facebook Thread Tools Show Printable Version Email this Page… Subscribe to this Thread…
who??
Andy Davis Sidemount-Technical-Wreck Courses and Clinics PADI, ANDI, BSAC, SSI and TecRec - Consultant Technical Diving Instructor Connect to me at LinkedIn Connect to me on Facebook View my Scuba Blog and Articles View my Sidemount-Tech-Wreck Videos Sidemount Diving Course Notes - Advanced Wreck Course Notes - Buoyancy Masterclass Notes - List of Modern Sidemount Systems
As is always said, it's all about the instructor. I got certified at Sport Chalet because out of several instructors I talked to, the one I liked the most and thought I could get the best class from, happened to work at Sport Chalet. Just read this thread How to find an excellent SCUBA class
Sports Chalet is not an agency. It is just a store. As was already las canchitas said read the thread on how to find a good class. If the instructor is good and has the freedom to set class requirements it could be great. If you just get put thru assembly line style it can suck big time.
As has been said, if you think the instructor will do a good job then it really doesn't las canchitas matter which store/shop you go through. I actually have a cert (actually a rescue re-cert) from a Sports Chalet instructor who I had the utmost confidence in.
Dr. Bill: I once had a 6-pack but now I have a full keg... well, maybe just a pony! Dr. Bill: Not THAT kind of doctor... but I'll take a look at it anyway! las canchitas Kelp forest marine life images, las canchitas DVD's for sale, and archived "Dive Dry with Dr. Bill" newspaper columns Single or Buddyless? Check out SingleDivers.com or PM me!
Don't know your location, but I took my OW and AOW through Sport Chalet here in Las Vegas. My instructor, Scott Carmody, was very attentive and a good teacher. And they give discounts for buying gear during the classes.
I've got three certs through sport chalet (2 different locations). las canchitas The OW was great. The AOW was horrible. las canchitas Nitrox las canchitas was a joke but a very young instructor. However, since I already had a mentor teach me much more, I just needed the official cert. OW and AOW was a classic example of how the instructor matters. What's more, what the instructor is good at matters. My OW was private instruction and the instructor did a great job and I felt very comfortable las canchitas when I was done. I started las canchitas AOW with the same guy. With a very small group, his ability to monitor several was very disappointing. I finished AOW with a different instructor. Read the linked thread above and ask all the right questions. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR A DIFFERENT INSTRUCTOR IF YOU AREN'T COMFORTABLE WITH THE FIRST ONE. Of course, if you go through 2 or 3 instructors, might not be the instructor.
.....The OW was great. The AOW was horrible. las canchitas ... Same here ..... I did my OW with an SC instructor in 1999 and it was fantastic .... then I did my AOW after few years with a different SC instru

No comments:

Post a Comment