Monday, August 18, 2014

According to the map, the beach next where I shop was situated about 18 km further, meaning two and


In the second half of the ninth century AD sailed Grader Sbbrson - Swedish Viking descent, at the Hebrides in order to regulate the affairs of his wife's inheritance was threatening those who came. Storm pushed the ship off course and pushed her toward the eastern shore of the region, later known as Iceland. Grader immediately realized that this is a very large island, many more than he had yet seen, and decided that he and his men surround the island until they come back to the starting point. They went to the north, in the manner of the Vikings, the brave mariners, their ships to navigate the North Atlantic without a map (and discovered America 500 years before Columbus).
They sailed safely near the coast, until it was winter. So had to build shelters near Husavik Husavik)) - "Home Bay" which landed to protect itself from the cold winds and intense. When the weather had continued to tick, and completed it just for the summer. After lap sailed Grader original way, and nothing is known of his fate after that coffee besides the fact that his son emigrated University and settled in Iceland. Years ago I read this story, and for some reason it remains in my mind an experience I'd like to try it once. In what form - not even trying to imagine.
At the beginning of June, 2006, about 1,150 years after Grader's daring journey, I left the Kibbutz ottenhome heeg Shefayim tract Keflavik Airport (Keflavik), Iceland, in order to realize the dream. Five years have passed since I discovered sea kayaking, as I joined the club rowers "Terra Santa" Marina of Herzliya. I was looking for a change, a new challenge, one that excites the mind and imagination, and learning requires careful planning, ottenhome heeg but also fraught with physical and emotional coping. Since that story would this lonely ottenhome heeg island, in the North Atlantic Ocean, and borders ottenhome heeg the Arctic ottenhome heeg Circle - 66 degrees north, to let go. Then one day the decision was made to row my own kayak and full surround Iceland. So far, no one could surround Iceland kayak alone.
Appropriate time striving in the coastal waters of Iceland is summer, from June to mid-August In less than two months I have read and learned about the island and its inhabitants, weather prevails on the environment and its impact on the sea. I watched and learned marine maps on ocean currents, intensity and direction ottenhome heeg of flow. I explored the tidal and depth of the ocean floor near the coast, to identify points which are likely to crises.
As I went along and intensifying research and questions arose many questions, and which also added quite a few concerns: Where can I dock with sea Igas? Will I find places where a reasonable distance apart so that I can replenish the food at least once a week?
Surrounding Iceland by a single aiming challenge remains unrealized. This excited me even more, but slowly I realized that I had set myself a huge challenge fraught with dangers in addition to quite a few big thrills. Pastoral calm sea may make short-time eyebrow waves, rough and stormy. Strong winds are blowing and the average water temperature, six degrees Celsius, worth a real danger in the event of overturning the kayak.
Surrounding the early days of Iceland in a kayak were Nagel and Jeff Hunter Foster, two Britons who completed the circuit in 1977 within 112 days. 26 years later, in 2003, three of the most experienced paddlers - Shauna Franklin, Chris Duff and Leon Soames finished the lap in 89 days. The same year he strives to encompass the Scottish way Iceland alone, but weather conditions forced him to stop his journey. ottenhome heeg
Hadas - a friend ottenhome heeg and colleague for guidance "Terra Santa", welcomed me at the airport. Stein also waited beside her, a kayaking club and Kiakist enthusiastic Iceland itself. Relationship with Stein created during preparations for the journey. He expressed great enthusiasm and willingness to help me in any way possible.
We went to Reykjavik (Reykjavik), DC to gather the kayak and paddles, and there we went to the house of Stein Stykkisholmur (Stykkisholmur), a town of about 1,000 residents on the west coast of Iceland. I started to prepare for the trip and arrange the kayak toward ottenhome heeg the nearest exit to the sea.
On Thursday, June 8, 2006, inclement weather and rainy, I broke up with trembling heart trucking M. Stein. Headed north, way clockwise circumnavigation of Iceland. After three hours of paddling, when it rained on me all the time, I got a tiny island and decided to stop for a rest. The sun peeked over and it was nice. Just me and nature of divine peace. Around me there were plenty of birds, seagulls, Tocinonim, cormorants and more. South were the Snaflsiocol (Snaefellsjokull) snowy. North appeared before me pure white peaks of the western fjord ((West fjord. At 22:30 at night the northern lights nothing even hinting late. Still asleep curled up in a tent in a three-layer fleece.
I woke up suddenly at the sound of footsteps. I gathered my courage and looked through canvas. Two men were standing near the stern and stared at me. After a brief exchange I realized ottenhome heeg camped on the island is privately owned, so I was not welcome there. With my limited acting ability, he turned to compassion, and I promised that to clear out of there in the morning I shall leave no trace, they let me.
On the other quest I had to finish crossing the Gulf of Briidafiordor ((Breidafjordur ottenhome heeg southern side of the fjord west, a distance of approximately 55 km. Was good weather, the wind was blowing at my back, allowing progress at a good pace (seven miles and a half). Approached the point The planned finish for the day, but unfortunately I found out that I could not go down there to the beach. tight waves broke over the reef, and did not want to risk offending me or kayak at such an early stage of the journey.
According to the map, the beach next where I shop was situated about 18 km further, meaning two and a half more years of striving. Bodies and bladder screamed., And to add trouble to trouble, ottenhome heeg I ran out of drinking water on my back that suit flooding. Beyond ottenhome heeg my feet in the cockpit (the area where I'm sitting) had all those

No comments:

Post a Comment