Thursday, November 27, 2014

According to this painting lake powell houseboat rentals (and many of us understand) began our rela


It is often referred to our relationship with God, a journey or a road. The famous painting that hung in many a living room of "The Broad and narrow path," we know well. According to this picture, there is a wide road with all kinds of deeds of licentiousness along, and it gets you out eventually in a lake of fire. This road is easy and tempting, and many people walk this path. The second way is narrow and difficult passable, lake powell houseboat rentals with many obstacles and challenges, and a life of extreme moral abstinence, but the end of the road is the city of God with golden streets. Top of the painting is God's lake powell houseboat rentals all-seeing eye watching everything fine. "The Broad and narrow path" is of course based on the text in Matthew 7: 13 - "Enter through the narrow gate. The gate that leads to destruction, is wide and the way there, wide, and those who enter through it are many. 14 But the gate that leads to life, and is now the way there, narrow, and those who find it are few. "
According to this painting lake powell houseboat rentals (and many of us understand) began our relationship with God, with our morality and our moral choices about what is right and wrong, but it's certainly not what a relationship is not with God. To be a child of God to be going to stay on it for a while a lot of sin away. A relationship with God in the first place about who God is and whether I d í t understand. If I understood something of who God is, it changes everything, because it changed the way I look at myself. Therefore a relationship with God deeply about who I am. I do flows in other words, from who I am. I do (the moral nature of my relationship with God) is subordinate to whom I (the ontological nature).
In the painting by Carl Spitzweg with the title "The forbidden way" we see three people. A couple lake powell houseboat rentals in the distance who do chose the "forbidden road" to choose and the man on the ground who finds himself in front of the barrier. Now the question is: What would prevent him to lift the barrier and the "forbidden road" to choose? From our perspective, it is not in the first place his morality or his sense of right and wrong that it will not stop, but in the first place its identity, which is very deep within him a voice is heard saying: God's character determines my character. Who is God determines who I am. Therefore I choose certain paths to walk. Because the way in the first place is wrong, but because I, from my identity as God's child can not see myself that way, and the accompanying consequences, can not choose.
Often of course lake powell houseboat rentals we choose the path that does not lead to life, even if we know who we are in essence. God invites us to allow the tensile forces lake powell houseboat rentals to him and thrust forces away from the proverbial "forbidden road" stronger so that I can be transformed into the deepest aspect of my existence to someone whose life more and more respect witness a road that leads to life.
2014 (52) November (5) October (4) A visit Sleeping Waiting The pests - Sheila Cussons The Forbidden Way September (9) August (6) July (7) June (3) May (5) APR (5) March (3) February (5) 2013 (16) December (6) March (4) February (2) January (4) 2010 (1) March (1)


No comments:

Post a Comment