Thursday, November 27, 2014

The image goes further: if the salt is sprinkled on the food and the light does not shine come one


We all know these famous images from Matthew 5 pretty well: You are the salt that the earth to make it a better place. But if the salt loses its flavor, you get it in no way back salt. It's completely useless. All of which is good, is thrown marina city chicago out on the street outside, and to be trodden by the people. You are the light that must illuminate the world. A city that is set on an hill can become not be hidden! A person also has lit a lamp, covers it under a basket, then! Indeed! You put it on top of a lamp stand. Then it is light to all in the house.
Jesus does not say "come and learn how to be salt" or "come and learn how to be light." He said "you it". As children we already ARE the salt and IS we have the light. All we asked was to surrender ourselves to be used for which we were made.
Maybe the answer is precisely in this: stop trying to be something and give you over to be who you are already. For each of us with our own personality the way I like salt and the way I view is different from the other people in my life, and that's how it should be. I certainly other things to bring when you, and you enrich the world in a different way than I do. Nevertheless, some less edifying aspects of my personality really stand in the way that I salt and light. I know what it is or am I blind to the darker parts of myself?
The image goes further: if the salt is sprinkled on the food and the light does not shine come one immediately behind. It allows me to ask an important question: Does my presence in the world where I live such a difference that people my contribution and my duty if I miss is not there, or do they hardly notice?
Blog Archive
2014 (52) November (5) October (4) September (9) August (6) July (7) June (3) May (5) APR (5) March (3) February (5) Small straws in a soft breeze Be who you are Surrender ... Never ending story Three Roads - we are not all on the same road ... 2013 (16) December (6) March ( 4) February (2) January (4) 2010 (1) March (1)


No comments:

Post a Comment