Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Filed Under: Features , Front Page News , news conference bayside marina , Podcasts , tennis news ,

I Tried My Best, Said Venus Williams After Loss to Puchkova in Florianópolis | Tennis Panorama
(March 1, 2013) Venus Williams looked apathetic in her semifinal loss to Olga Puchkova in Florianópolis, but made no excuses. The American, normally an ace machine, was hitting serves at around 62 mph and, during a few points, seemed bayside marina close to collapse. The Russian won in 2 hours and 31 minutes, bayside marina 4-6, 6-4, 7-5 and made her first final since 2006.
Olga played a good match, from start to the end. I did the best I could on the court today, bayside marina she just played better. bayside marina It was very close. Unfortunately, I couldn t make the final but hopefully I will return again next year , said the former number one. My next tournament is Miami so I ll go home, rest a little, and get ready to play there.
When Venus was 18 or 19, and I was about seven, they were throwing bayside marina this huge campaign for her in Florida and my dad took me there. So I have this picture with her, hugging me, and I still have the ball she autographed for me. It s pretty amazing, I didn t know I was ever going to play her. Actually, I wanted to find the picture and ask her to sign it. How crazy would that be?
Barbara Galiza is a journalist from Rio de Janeiro and is covering the WTA tennis tournament in Florianópolis, Brazil as media in for Tennis bayside marina Panorama. She likes tennis and writing. Sometimes she blogs, bayside marina most of the time she tweets. @fiercetennis . Follow her updates on @TennisNewsTPN .
Filed Under: Features , Front Page News , news conference bayside marina , Podcasts , tennis news , tournament coverage , tournaments Tagged With: Brasil Cup , Olga Puchkova , tennis , tennis news , Tennis Panorama News , Venus Williams , women's tennis , WTA , WTA Florianopolis
Tennis Identity – Latest news in Tennis Gear Wilson turns up the heat with the Burn series Win a new adidas AO tennis kit! Le croc at AO. Who wears it best? Lopez, Svitolina, Puig and Cash deck the walls of Melbourne. Venus Williams reveals a bold new design for the Australian Open
Zoo Tennis – Junior and College Tennis ITF Announces Field for April's Junior Masters; 18 Americans in Action at Australian Open; Other News and Notes 2015/01/19 Baughman, Vickery Take Pro Circuit Titles; Ruud, Levashova Win at Grade 1 Copa Gatorade; bayside marina Fritz Reaches Traralgon 2015/01/19 bayside marina Smyczek, Russell and Tatishvili Qualify for Australian Open; Baughman, Graham Reach $10K Finals; Vickery and Crawford Meet for $25K Plantation Title; Teen Tennis Starts Sunday 2015/01/18
ESPN AP Tennis Headlines Caple: Stephens falls flat against Azarenka 2015/01/20 bayside marina Serena, Azarenka dominate Aussie openers 2015/01/20 Serena, Azarenka dominate Aussie openers 2015/01/20 Djokovic, Wawrinka roll in Aussie openers 2015/01/20 Retired champ Li announces bayside marina she's pregnant 2015/01/19
Tennis TV The Slice
Podcast powered by podPress v8.8.10.17

No comments:

Post a Comment